We all have our ideas for how our semesters will go in college, and more often than not, I know I tend to lose sight of my goals once a few hell weeks kick in. I figured I'd publish my goals for this semester, so all y'all can help to hold me more accountable!
By the end of the Fall 2015 Semester I want to…
1. Get at least a B in every class. (Bonus points if I go beyond that and make an A in every class!) I would love to make Dean's List (get a 3.6 or above) this semester, but with other commitments and the fact that I am not in college solely to get a 4.0 degree, I don't think that's going to happen. I did slack off a lot last semester and I would like to change that for this semester!
2. Increase my traffic on this blog. I love seeing everyone's comments on the blog or in real life and I would love to see some new faces as well!
3. Develop a workout schedule/Find time to workout at least 3 times a week- even just 30 minutes! At home, I was working out very vigorously for an hour twice a week, which usually left me ridiculously sore between sessions. Here in the city, I automatically walk more (the other day, I walked an extra two miles because it was just too nice out to take the subway), so that helps, but I'd like to get a little healthier and add more "real" workouts to my schedule as well.
4. Keep blogging consistently- Ideally, I’d like to post 3 times per week minimum, but maybe that's ambitious. I guess it will all depend on what ideas I have for content and what you guys want to see!
5. Stay on top of my assignments- I’m usually pretty good about this but I really want to make sure that I don’t fall behind this semester. As I mentioned before- I didn't really put all the effort I could have into my assignments last year and I'd like to change that this year!
6. Continue on with my youtube channel- I've been posting videos as often as possible, and I'd like to continue that as long as I can! I recorded a few videos before I left for school, but I'd like to record a few vlog type videos for you guys to see what life is like for me at school!
7. Call my grandmother at least twice a month. This one is pretty self-explanatory.
8. Visit as many family members as possible. My entire extended family lives within two hours of me, which is crazy. I'm also maybe the worst person in the world, considering that I did a truly horrendous job of contacting them last year to get together. I would really like to make a better effort to see as much family as possible.
9. Go apple picking. I used to do this almost every fall back home and I'd like to continue the tradition, whether it's with my suitemates, friends, or sisters!
10. Visit more museums. I've gone quite a few times to the MoMa and Met in the past year, but I'd love to visit them even more and explore more museums, like the Guggenheim and the Museum of Moving Images.
11. Finally see the new Whitney Museum. The Whitney was recently redone and moved, I believe and I LOVED the old Whitney so I really want to take the time soon to visit the new Whitney (and beautiful rooftop before the weather is too awful).
12. Visit Williamsburg. I kinda wimped out in regards to visiting other boroughs last year and there are a ton of restaurants and coffeeshops I'd like to check out in Brooklyn, like MatchaBar !
13. Go to yoga a few times a week. I live pretty close to Yoga to the People and I've heard only great things, so I'd like to finally check it out and get back in touch with yoga!
14. Begin boxing class. I've really wanted to get into boxing for a while, so I want to commit to a class.
15. Grow social media followers on Spoon and Gamma Phi by at least 100 on each social media platform (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram!)
16. Go someplace in the city I’ve never been before. There are so many places I've never seen in the city and I want to take the chance to explore more!
17. Reduce the amount I eat out. I ordered in a lot last year because of my newfound ability to have food delivered to my dorm (not a thing in Georgia) and I really felt how sluggish it made me feel. I'd like to continue on a path of cooking my own food!
18. Get more sleep. I've realized I'm pretty much a baby in regards to sleep- I need an exorbitant amount of sleep to feel rested, so I'd like to get as much sleep, including naps, as possible.
19. Healthy Eating: This is one of my resolutions that I am really working on! I have basically no meals on campus this year and I have a kitchen in my apartment that I've been using like crazy. I just want to keep up cooking my own food throughout the year and also keep eating healthy food, instead of resorting to quick and unhealthy options, or boring options like pasta.
20. Socialize: New school year = new people!! I'd like to do more within the organizations I'm already involved in and I'd also like to reach out and go to more campus events, like the homecoming game and other Panhellenic events!
What are some of your plans and goals for this semester/end of this calendar year?